Morgan was trapped in a snare on FS land about 1000 feet below their house which borders the forest in Montana. The three month old Pyrenees, Sam, was caught in a leghold trap at the same time. Both dogs were attracted to the rotten beaver meat used as bait. The trapper reportedly knew the owners and knew them well, knew the dogs. and never ever will be forgiven. Other trappers have quit trapping when they caused the trapping of a pet! While some care, many obviously do not.
Morgan died 11 days later after being caught in the snare from what trappers call this commonality, “jelly head.” When the snare doesn’t close sufficiently in strangling the victim it constricts the jugular vein on the outside of the neck, cutting off blood returning to the heart. Meanwhile, the carotid artery keeps pumping blood into the brain, causing a buildup and swelling from thick bloody fluid eventually rupturing the vascular system resulting in the brain exploding.
Sam, the pup, survived the leghold trap.
There simply is no need for this cruel indiscriminate deadly recreation! No animal deserves this.